Trade vs. Collaboration
Most of the "trade" work I do is actually Coloaboration. We both bring ideas, creativity, energy and resources to make the shoot happen and we both get something for our portfolios. Tell me what you want and lets make it happen, it doesn;t have to be a big idea, small and simple make for great first time working together or "Test" shoots.
Occassionally I do have need for a more basic trade, I need someone to test equipment or concepts before final planning can be done. Since this rarely creates a finsihed image to give back to a model I offer other services (other shoots) either at the same time or scheduled seperately.
I completely support the security concerns that bring up the desire to bring an escort on any shoot. Unfortunately escorts can raise other problems but we can address most of them beforehand to avoid issues while shooting.
- Arranging travel - If we're going on location adding another person to the car might be a tight fit with wardrobe and gear, a second car might be an issue with fees, parking or other access restrictions
- Ameneties - Food, water, entry fees, etc was not budgeted or stocked for them.
They're on set
- they need to expect to be put to work, not so much fun work, getting you water, carrying equipment, holding a light or reflector in position.
- If they can't or won't help out, they need to stay out of the way, entertain themselves without distracting anyone trying to work.
- If they react, you react, that frame is ruined, the mood shifts, quality drops and the trade loses value fast.
- Absolutley the worst possible choice. This goes both ways, regardless of sex or orientation.
- when you bring them, you bring everything, good bad, jealousy, trust issues, spilled milk, etc... and it shows in the photos.
- Of course every person and relationship is unique and I can't list every experience or situation here so lets discuss on the phone.
Deliverables can vary a lot by project but as a general rule any finsihed images will be provided in digital files ready for social media to all trade participants for personal use only. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need or want adjustmenst made in selection or editing.
If you want prints or have specific need for larger files I am happy to discuss options beforehand or as your needs arise. Print prices will vary based on preperation needs and medium.
If any participant has their own or is approached by a third party in regards to Commercial Use, terms must be agreed by photographer (copyright owner) and depicted persons prior to licensing.